Serves 2 but just add more packets and more fish if you want to be all neighborly or feed your starving kids.
2 4oz pieces of salmon, preferably without the skin, unless you are one of those crazy people who like to eat the skin (Flesh Eating Freak!)
1 Tbsp of olive oil
Lots of veggies: Slice up what you got. Pretty much anything works here. I used shredded carrots, chopped red pepper, mushrooms, green beans, and 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic. Any veggies like the beans and carrots that are a bit rigid, give them a quick 2 minute boil.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Whatcha Gotta Do:
- Heat your oven up to 350°
- Grab your parchment paper and tear off two 14″ square pieces. Fold them in half.
- On one side of the crease, add a healthy plop of those veggies.
- Put a piece of salmon on top. Salt and pepper as you see fit. Pour some of the olive oil over each pile of packet filling.
- Fold the other half of the parchment over the pile and start rolling the open sides to toward the fillings. It should look like a Hostess Fruit-Pie.
- Put the packets on a baking tray in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- When done, put each packet on a plate. Cut an “X” in the top (Watch out! Hot steamy danger!)
- Feel free to top with anything fun if you want like dijon mustard or preserves…or nothing at all. Topless is always good.
Also published on Medium.